The protection of privacy of those using our services is very important to Bulletin.net and we have implemented policies and procedures to ensure this protection.
What Information We Collect
We collect information from our clients when they use our services. This includes information that is not associated with you as an individual, which may be used by us to improve our website, to monitor its performance, and to make it easier for you and other visitors to use. It also includes information which you knowingly provide to us and information which you provide to us in using our website and our services. Our clients may also provide us with personal information relating to their customers or other contacts when they use our services to send message communications.
In this section we explain the different types of personal information (“Personal Information”) that we may collect or hold in relation to you. We collect and hold information in connection with use of the website and the services by clients and their customers and other contacts, which includes but is not limited to the following types of personal information (depending on whether you are a client, or a customer or other contact of one of our clients):
If you are a user from one of our client organisations, we store your contact information (name, postal address, telephone, fax number, and email address) when you enter that information online either through our website or client portal. If you have signed any documents with us, we may also store your signature;
If you are a client that has chosen to pay for our services by credit card or direct debit, then we collect your credit card or bank account details when you provide these for payment purposes (and please note that we do not store your credit card information; we substitute your credit card information with a PCI compliant token to safeguard your details and provide you with maximum security);
Other details relating to the company or organisation that you are an employee of, or are administering the Bulletin.net account on behalf of, if that information is reasonably necessary for our activities
If one of our clients has sent you a message communication using our services, or you have responded to a message communication from one of our clients, then our client will have provided us with your contact details, which may include your name, postal address, telephone, mobile and fax numbers and email addresses.
We may also store Personal Information that our clients have collected from other contacts and uploaded to our online portal.
If you contact us through our website, online portal, or by email, fax, post or telephone, we will retain your Personal Information that you provide to us, together with the content of our mutual correspondence, including any emails you send to us.
If you have requested a trial of our services, our sales team will collect contact information (name, address, telephone number, email address) from you over the telephone or via our website or by email.
How we use your Personal Information
We use Personal Information to provide quality messaging services to our clients. We may use your Personal Information in some or all of the following ways:
- to provide you with access to our website or online portal;
- to provide our products and services to you, including as a recipient or end user of our messaging services;
- to process payments and carry out business administration in relation to your client account;
- to respond to any correspondence from you, including handling any complaints from you;
- to verify your identity and for the process of detecting, investigating and preventing fraud;
- through the use of analytics software (including Google Analytics Demographics, Interest Reporting and third party audience data) to assess and improve the operation and performance of our website and to understand how users find and use our website;
- to analyse your use of our various services (including product usage, system and log files) to improve the performance and development of our messaging products; and
- to comply with any law, rule, legal decision or regulation that we are obliged to comply with.
We use your Personal Information for the purpose of performing our contract with our client or where we have your consent to do so.